About: Quotations: My approach is as follows:
- For anyone who expresses serious interest I happily visit the site for an hour, free-of-charge, to look at the scope of work. At this stage we can discuss timing and budget considerations, and you can decide whether to move forward to drawings and estimates.
- If it is possible for a budget to be established at this stage, it defines the blocks of materials and activities which are possible, and gives us a place to start.
- Estimates for custom work are usually provided on an Excel document, with options and choices listed – you can add and subtract to get to the outcome/price you want, and you always have control over where the money gets spent. On occasion 1/10th scale models are required, to get a more realistic overview of the project.
- My clients will attest that I deliver more than enough to give good value.
- If we do only a site visit and a two hour design process, which generates enough information for you to use elsewhere for quotations, then I invoice $150.00 for the drawings which come from that conversation.